I Will Go: 2020 - 2025
Make disciples of Jesus Christ who live as His loving witnesses and proclaim to all people the everlasting gospel of the Three Angels’ Messages in preparation for His soon return (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Rev 14:6-12).
Guided by the Bible and the Holy Spirit, Seventh-day Adventists pursue this mission through Christ-like living, communicating, discipling, teaching, healing, and serving.
In harmony with Bible revelation, Seventh-day Adventists see as the climax of God’s plan the restoration of all His creation to full harmony with His perfect will and righteousness.
STRATEGIC PLAN OBJECTIVES
The I Will Go strategic plan outlines 10 objectives, divided into the categories of Mission, Spiritual Growth, and Leadership. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Church will work together to fulfill these objectives. As you read them, prayerfully consider your role in helping the Church grow and fulfill its mission to proclaim the gospel to the ends of the earth.
1. To revive the concept of worldwide mission and sacrifice for mission as a way of life involving not only pastors but every church member, young and old, in the joy of witnessing for Christ and making disciples
2. To strengthen and diversify Adventist outreach in large cities, across the 10/40 Window, among unreached and under-reached people groups, and to non-Christian religions
3. To make developing resources for mission to non-Christian religions and belief systems a high priority
4. To strengthen Seventh-day Adventist institutions in upholding freedom, wholistic health, and hope through Jesus, and restoring in people the image of God
SPIRITUAL GROWTH OBJECTIVES
5. To disciple individuals and families into spirit-filled lives
6. To increase accession, retention, reclamation, and participation of children, youth, and young adults
7. To help youth and young adults place God first and exemplify a biblical worldview
8. To strengthen the discipleship role of pastors, teachers, and other frontline workers and provide them with regular growth opportunities
9. To align world church resources with strategic objectives
10. To enhance the transparency, accountability, and credibility of denominational organization, operations, and mission initiatives
I Will Go involves all church members in reaching the world, inspiring and equipping them to use their God-given spiritual gifts in witness and service for Christ. “The home missionary work will be farther advanced in every way when a more liberal, self-denying, self-sacrificing spirit is manifested for the prosperity of foreign missions; for the prosperity of the home work depends largely, under God, upon the reflex influence of the evangelical work done in countries afar off. It is in working actively to supply the necessities of the cause of God that we bring our souls in touch with the Source of all power.” —Ellen G. White, Testimonies for the Church 6:27